Wednesday, April 8, 2015

What can I learn about the trumpet?

I chose this topic because as a student musician that plays the trumpet I want to get better. I plan to use what I learn to make me a better musician and to make me stand out from other trumpet musicians. 

I expect to learn "secrets" about the trumpet from well experienced and well known musicians. I hope to discover how to make a trumpet and why so many trumpets sound so different. I also expect to learn why for various genres the tone of the trumpet is different. 

I expect that finding information about the trumpet will be difficult since there aren't many people in the world wanting to know about the trumpet. And finding the information that i am looking for will take some time.


 

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you're furthering your own musical skills during Genius Hour! I'm looking forward to hearing what you learned, especially about the tone in different genres of music. Will you be playing something new for us? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not yet decided whether I'd be playing or not but it is something I will be thinking about.

      Delete